- What is the geographical location of N.R.S Medical College?
N.R.S. is in West Bengal, opposite the Sealdah Station. It is located within the heart of Calcutta, and most landmarks of Calcutta are located around the college area.
- Is it a private medical college?
No, N.R.S. is a recognized government college under Medical Council of India.
- How do we get admitted?
Examinations ... there is no other alternative.
Rupees sixty per session
- Can we join for Post Graduation Studies?
Yes, but there are separate examinations for the same.
- Super specialization subjects?
We are not sure what this question means, but if we got it right NRS provides s.s for cardio-thoracic surgery, urology and plastic surgery.
- Hostel Facilities?
- What about ragging in college?
- Does one have to sign a bond to join NRS?
Yes a 3-year rural service bond has to be signed, but the service can be avoided by paying a default of 5000 Rs, usually even this will not have to be done as vacancies are not available in the village locations.
- How is N.R.S. a good college?
Go through the remaining questions on this page, and see this.
- Does N.R.S. have internet facilities?
No. There is no government/college funding or planning for such a step.
- Some Medical Colleges have it.
Other colleges have started setting up internet facilities for the students on a pay and use basis, however the initial capital for the computers etc. have been provided mainly by the ex-alumni of the institution. NRS ex Alumni's have been providing scholarships that help a handful of deserving students; nothing for all the students.
- Tell us about your college co-curricular activities.
CLUBS : Drama Club, Quiz Club, Music Club etc.
FESTS : Annual College Socials : UTSAV
Annual College Fest : Mitali
Annual Film fest : Drishti
MAGAZINES : College mag : Drishti, and monthly wall magazines.
SPORTS : Annual Sports Meet : PRAGATI
Inter College Cricket Memorial : SHANTANU MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT .
- UK Alumni Chapter : We need a web site.
Give us the matter and we will link to it.
- We want to help maintain this site. How?